- The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra might be the first Samsung phone to feature a titanium outer frame.
- Depending on the reception, the company is reportedly in plans to expand this to other models in the future.
- Samsung has reportedly set a tentative goal to make 15 million titanium frames initially.
The Samsung Galaxy S24 series has been in the works for quite some time and recent rumours have revealed quite a bit about them. There will be three models in the lineup like this year. There are reports going around that the flagship will debut on January 17th and expand to global markets. Now, while we wait for Samsung to officially reveal the date, a report from TheElec claims the Galaxy S24 Ultra will be the first Samsung phone to feature a titanium outer frame.
Is Samsung following Apple?
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra could be the first model from the brand to feature a titanium frame.
- The report says that depending on the reception, the company might expand this to other models in the future.
- This new report contradicts a rumour from early October, which said all three models: the Samsung Galaxy S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra would have a titanium frame.
- Furthermore, it is heard that the current aluminium frame costs Samsung under $20.
- The adoption of a titanium frame could result in low yields and might increase the price by up to four to five times.
- Samsung has apparently set a tentative goal to make 15 million titanium frames initially, which is exactly the number of Galaxy S23 Ultra units shipped this year.
The report further adds that the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra will have a flat screen. While the outer frame will be titanium, the inner frame will still be aluminium.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra specifications (expected)
- Display: The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra is expected to sport a 6.8-inch WQHD+ display with a punch-hole cutout, a 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and others.
- Processor: The Ultra model could be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC paired with Adreno GPU.
- OS: The handset is likely to boot Android 14-based One UI custom skin out of the box.
- Cameras: The phone could feature a quad-camera setup, with a 200MP primary camera, a 12MP Sony IMX564 ultra-wide camera, and a 10MP Sony IMX754+ telephoto lens that offers 3x optical zoom.
- Battery: The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra could pack a 5,000mAh battery with 45W fast charging support.