- Xiaomi 14 series is confirmed to launch in China this month.
- The company is continuing its partnership with Leica and will introduce the new Summilux lens.
- Xiaomi 14 series might expand to global markets as well but at later stages.
Xiaomi 14 series has long been a part of the rumour mill and is believed to be one of the first to feature the mighty yet-to-be-announced Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3. Now, Xiaomi has officially confirmed the Xiaomi 14 series will debut in China this month i.e. in October. The company is continuing its partnership with Leica and will introduce the new Summilux lens.
Xiaomi 14 series launch timeline confirmed
- On Weibo, Xiaomi’s Lu Weibing officially confirmed the Xiaomi 14 series will launch in China this month but an exact date is yet to be revealed.
- There are rumours surfacing the internet that the Xiaomi flagships might debut on October 27th.
- Xiaomi and Leica jointly will introduce the Summilux lens, which is a new professional high-motion image sensor for mobile optics.
- The company says this is a new generation of optical systems built for smartphones to bring the ability to capture accurate and natural photos in all scenarios.
Xiaomi 14 series specifications
- Display: The Xiaomi 14 is expected to have a 6.44-inch C8 OLED 12-bit display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1.5K resolution, 2,800 nits peak brightness, and HDR10+ support.
- The Pro model might come with a larger 6.6-inch flat AMOLED 2.5D display with 2K resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: The Xiaomi 14 series could be powered by the unannounced Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset.
- Storage: The Xiaomi 14 might come in four storage options: 12GB+256GB, 12GB+512GB, 16GB+512GB and 16GB+1TB.
- Rear camera: The Xiaomi 14 will have Leica-branded optics, with a 50MP OV50H primary camera, a 50MP ultra-wide sensor and a 50MP telephoto sensor. The camera details of the Pro variants is yet to be revealed.
- Battery: The vanilla variant is expected to pack a 4,600mAh battery with 90W fast charging support and 50W wireless charging support. The Pro version could have a 4,860mAh battery with 120W fast charging support, and 50W wireless charging support.
- Other details: The devices are expected to feature Dolby Vision, dual-stereo speakers, an IP68-certified body, and an IR Blaster.
|8 GB RAM / 256 GB internal storage