- Converting YouTube videos to MP3 is pretty simple and straightforward
- There are a number of YouTube video to MP3 converters out there
- The converted MP3 files can be saved locally in your device’s hardware for offline listening
Has it ever happened to you that a song you liked on YouTube isn’t available on the audio streaming platforms of your choice such as Spotify, Wynk, and Apple Music? What do you do? Stream that song on YouTube. But, what if you want to listen to that song offline? Some would say download YouTube videos, but that would take a huge toll on the device’s battery (unless you have a YouTube Premium account, which can play videos in the background). The other option is YouTube converters aka YouTube to MP3 converters/ downloaders. These downloaders extract the audio files from the video and let you save them on your device for offline listening. If you’re wondering how to do that, we’re here to help you. Below are the steps that’ll guide you through the process of how to download MP3 from YouTube.
It’s worth mentioning that YouTube has an audio streaming platform called YouTube Music, which has pretty much the same catalogue of content as the video app. However, you’ll have to buy YouTube Music premium subscription to listen ad-free, offline, and with your screen locked. The premium subscription is free for a month for new users.
YouTube to MP3 converters: Best websites and apps
YouTube doesn’t have a built-in tool to convert videos to audio files. For that, you’ll need a third-party app and software. That said, not all software/ apps are great at converting MP3 from YouTube videos. Some end up delivering shoddy files. But fret not, we’re here to tell you the best ways to download MP3 songs from YouTube videos without sacrificing the quality.
YouTube converter: How to convert YouTube to MP3 using browser
There are many YouTube video to MP3 programs out there that help you download audio files using a browser. But, the one we’re recommending here is YT1s. It’s among the nicest YouTube to mp3 converter tools out there. In addition to converting MP3 song from the YouTube video, the tool can be used to download YouTube and Facebook videos as well.
- To download MP3 from YouTube using YT1s, copy the YouTube video link you wish to convert to MP3
- Paste the link on the YT1s video URL box and select ‘Convert it!’
- Hit the green download button to save the MP3 song offline.
- The good thing is that you can perform these steps on any browser on both PC and smartphone
YouTube to mp3 converter using go-mp3 web tool. Alternatively, users can use go-mp3 to download videos as high-quality sound files without registration. It’s among the best YouTube to MP3 programs out there. The steps to change YouTube video format to MP3 remain the same as stated above – you copy the link you wish to convert, go to the go-mp3 website, paste the link in the video URL box, and hit the search icon. The following screen will give you the option to download the MP3 file of the YouTube video – as simple as that.
Best YouTube to mp3 converter tools
In case, the aforementioned YT1s and go-mp3 web tools to convert YouTube videos to mp3 are not working for you, here are some other YouTube to mp3 converter tools:
How to convert YouTube video to MP3 on desktop using the app
- To download YouTube MP3 files on desktop using the app, install 4K YouTube to MP3 app
- The app is compatible both with Windows- and macOS-powered laptops
- The free version of 4K YouTube to MP3 program allows you to download 30 files per day
- To download, simply paste the video link on the app, and voila, the MP3 file will be saved on your device automatically
- Go to the Music folder, to locate files.
That’s it! With these YouTube video to audio converters, you can convert any video to MP3 and download it on your device. We’re not sponsoring any of these downloaders. Feel free to use any other website or app of your choice to download MP3 songs from YouTube.
Some other best YouTube to mp3 converters apps for Windows laptop and Mac
How to convert YouTube videos to audio files on iPhones
iPhone users can use the aforementioned web tools to convert YouTube to MP3 and download the audio files on their device. The tools are compatible with Safari – all you have to do is copy the YouTube video link –> go to the YouTube to MP3 converter web tool –> paste the link –> and hit the download button. There is no app to convert YouTube videos to audio files for iPhone just yet.
How to convert YouTube video to audio on mobile phone using the app
One can also use the TubeMate app for Android mobile phones to convert YouTube videos to mp3.
- If you’re an Android user, go to your browser and download TubeMate’s APK file from the official website.
- Install the app on your device. It may require you to toggle the ‘Install unknown apps’ option in Settings. Fret not, the app is among the safest third-party apps out there.
- You’ll get a short tutorial on how to use TubeMate.
- Once you’re through with that, search the YouTube video you wish to convert to MP3
- Tap on the red download button (downward arrow icon) in the bottom right and select the MP3 option from the screen that pops-up
- The MP3 file will be locally saved on your device for offline listening. The app can also be used to download YouTube videos
- To manage the download’s library, tap on the downward arrow icon from the bottom tray. The following screen will show you the status of downloads and the list of YouTube videos downloaded on your mobile phone.
That said, the app has a few shortcomings. For starters, TubeMate is not available for download via Google Play Store. You will have to download the app from a third-party source. Apart from that, the app only allows you to download mp3 files of the converted YouTube videos that comes without the asterisk sign. This makes the library very limited. Hence, we would advise you to use the YouTube to mp3 converter web tools instead TubeMate.
Can YouTube to MP3 converted files be transferred to media player?
That totally depends on your music player. Some media players like Wynk Music let you transfer MP3 files, including the ones saved from YouTube, stored on your device, while some can’t.
Is it illegal to download music from YouTube to MP3?
What is YouTube to MP3 converters?
YouTube to MP3 converters are online applications that help you extract the MP3 files from video clips. The MP3 files can then be downloaded and saved on the device for offline listening.
Standard features of YouTube to MP3 converters
- It allows you to convert unlimited videos to MP3 files
- Work across browsers
- Lets you save the converted files on any device