- You can now book a COVID vaccination slot using Paytm.
- Earlier, the app only allowed people to search for the COVID vaccination slot.
In May 2021, Paytm launched the Vaccine Finder service in the Paytm app, which allowed people to search for available COVID vaccination slots in a much easier way than searching on the CoWIN website. The service also allowed people to get notified whenever a vaccination slot opens up in their desired area. Now, Paytm is adding a much-awaited feature to the Vaccine Finder service. The Paytm app now allows you to book COVID vaccination appointment as well. So, you can now search for the vaccination slots and also book an appointment from the Paytm app in a single go. Here is a step-by-step process to book a COVID vaccine appointment in India using Paytm.
How to book COVID vaccination slot using Paytm
- Step 1 – Open the Paytm app, scroll down to the ‘Featured’ section, and click on ‘Vaccine Finder’.
- Step 2 – You will now see a window from where you can find an available COVID vaccination slot. To search for the slots, enter your PIN Code (or state and district) and your age. You will also have to select if the appointment that you are booking is for the first dose or the second dose. Once you enter those details, click on ‘Check availability.’
- Step 3 – The app will now ask you to enter the mobile number that you want to use for booking the COVID vaccination appointment. Once you enter the mobile number, you will receive a one-time password (OTP) on the mobile number you just entered. Now type the OTP in the box you see on the screen and click on ‘Submit.’
- Step 4 – Paytm will now show you a list of available COVID vaccination slots. You will have to select a slot at a hospital of your choice on your desired date.
- Step 5 – The app will now show you a list of time slots during which you can take the vaccine. You will have to select a time slot of your choice.
- Step 6 – Above the time slots section, you will be able to see a list of your beneficiaries. Select the person from the list for whom you are booking the COVID vaccination slot and click on ‘Schedule Now’. Voila! You have just booked a COVID vaccination appointment using Paytm.
Note that if the person for whom you are booking the COVID vaccination slot isn’t shown in the list of people, you can add them manually to the list. To do so, click on “Add New” and enter their details. Now select the person from the list of people shown in the appointment booking window. Once you book the COVID vaccination slot, you will get a message (SMS) on the registered mobile number confirming that an appointment for the vaccine has been booked.