Got a new SBI ATM or you think that the PIN of your old SBI card has been compromised? Change the PIN now using the steps stated below. With State Bank of India’s Green PIN facility, you can generate a new PIN for your ATM-cum-debit card instantly without visiting the nearby branch. The SBI ATM PIN generation is pretty simple and straightforward – you can use any one of the following procedure: SMS/ internet banking, ATM, or customer care support. A secure PIN aka personal identification number keeps your SBI account safe from any unauthenticated transactions. So, without any further ado, here’s how to generate SBI ATM PIN by SMS or through ATM, net banking, and customer care.
Forgot ATM PIN: How to generate SBI ATM PIN by SMS
- To generate SBI ATM PIN by SMS, from your registered mobile number, compose a message: PIN <last four digits of ATM card> <last four digits of account number>, and send it to 567676
- You’ll get a message containing One Time Password (OTP) in return. The OTP will be valid for two days
- Within the specified 2 days, visit the nearby SBI ATM along with the OTP to change the SBI ATM PIN
How to generate SBI ATM PIN using ATM
You can also generate SBI ATM PIN directly from the ATM as well. For this, you’ll be needing your SBI debit card and registered mobile number.
- Visit nearby SBI ATM
- Insert your card and select the PIN generation option from the screen
- Enter your 11-digit account number, followed by your registered mobile number
- Hit confirm
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number for confirmation
- Enter that OTP when the ATM asks
- You’ll now be able to change/ generate a new PIN for the SBI debit card
Do not share the OTP with anyone. The One-time password will be valid for two days.
How to generate SBI ATM PIN using internet banking
Use net banking to generate SBI ATM PIN from the comfort of your home. You don’t have to visit a nearby ATM to complete the process.
- Visit www.onlinesbi.com and login to the account using your user ID and password
- After this, select ‘ATM card services’ under the ‘e-services tab
- Look for ‘ATM PIN generation’. You will get two options, namely via one-time password (OTP) and Profile Password. Select any one of them to generate ATM pin.
- The OTP option will send a message with a code to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the number in the required column –> select savings account to which your ATM is linked –> click ‘Continue’ –> select the ATM card –> enter first two digits of the new PIN –> the last two will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS
- Enter the two digits selected by you earlier and the two digits received by you via SMS on your registered mobile number. Click on ‘Submit’ to successfully generate your SBI ATM PIN.
The process to change ATM PIN using Profile Password is pretty much the same. Having said that, new SBI cardholders can only generate PIN using internet banking after activating the card from the ‘ATM card services’ tab under the ‘e-services’ option.
How to generate SBI ATM PIN via customer care
If you don’t have online banking or forgot the previous SBI ATM PIN, follow the steps below. To change ATM PIN via customer care, dial toll-free number 1800 112 211 or 1800 425 3800 from your registered mobile number. Keep your account number and ATM card handy for verification.
- Once the call is connected, select your language and press 2 for ATM/ debit card related services
- Press 1 for PIN generation
- Hit 1 again if you’re calling from your registered mobile number or else press 2 to speak to a customer care representative
- Follow the instruction on the screen to complete the SBI ATM PIN generation request
A temporary PIN will be sent to your registered mobile number. Visit the nearby SBI ATM within 24 hours to change the SBI ATM PIN.