- Vivo S18, S18 Pro, and S18e are expected to launch on December 14th.
- Vivo is teasing built-in AI model on the Vivo S18 series.
- The regular and Pro model could come in with a flowery pattern and square ring light for the rear cameras.
Vivo S18 series is launching on December 14th and ahead of the event, the company is teasing the phone left and right. In its recent posts, the company has revealed the Vivo S18 colours and noticeably there is a flowery pattern on the back of the phone. Also, we get to see the unique flashlight module of the Vivo S18 in these images.
Vivo S18 series design (teased)
- Vivo S18 appears in a light blue colour and a dark gray colour in the new images posted on Weibo. The rumoured colours include Huaxia Red, Black, Purple, and Sea Green.
- There is some sort of flower pattern on the back that Vivo claims to be “interpreting oriental aesthetics”.
- Besides the oriental charm, the images also tease a squircle ring light right below the rear camera island. This could help in shooting and videos under low light situations.
- The phone looks very slim in the photos.
Vivo S18 series specifications: What we know so far
- Processor: Vivo S18 could be running on Snapdragon 7 Gen 3 chip while the S18 Pro could be shipping with MediaTek Dimensity 9200 Plus chipset.
- Cameras: The Vivo S18 Pro could feature a 50MP selfie camera with dual flash lights. The rear camera setup, meanwhile, could consist of a 50MP Sony IMX920, a 50MP Samsung JN1 ultrawide sensor, and a 12MP Sony IMX663 portrait lens.
- AI: Vivo has been teasing “Blue Heart” LLM or “BlueLM” model that could power various features like portrait mode enhancement on these phones. This model comes with 6 billion parameters.
- Display: On the front, there could be a curved OLED panel with 120Hz refresh rate on both Vivo S18 and the Pro model.
- Charging: Although we haven’t heard about the battery size, the vanilla model is expected to come with 80W fast charging and the Vivo S18 Pro could sport 100W fast charging speed.
As for the Vivo S18e, the rumours suggest the phone could bring 80W wired charging, a 4,800mAh battery, dual rear camera setup with OIS and Aura LED flashlight, a 120Hz AMOLED display, and a body that’s just 7.69mm thin. It could be available in Cloud Gauze White, Starry Night Black, and Glow Purple.
We are likely to have more details ahead of the event. The launch is on Dec 14th at 7:00 PM CST (around 4:30 PM IST).
|8 GB RAM / 256 GB internal storage