- Jio users can now avail of up to five emergency data loans of 1GB, each valued at Rs 11/pack.
- Jio users need to have an active plan to opt for the data loan pack.
- The emergency data loan pack will be active until the base plan validity.
Jio, India’s largest telecom network, allows users to avail a data loan during emergencies when their daily data limit has been exhausted. The company calls this service ‘Recharge Now and Pay Later.’ Jio says that it had recently augmented its network to almost double its data capacity as well as speed, and users have already started experiencing better network connectivity and higher speeds. The company says many users now consume daily data quota much faster and are left without high-speed connectivity for the rest of the day. Since not every user might always be in a position to instantly purchase data top-up, it is now giving the option to avail data loan facility with the Jio ‘Recharge Now and Pay Later’ service.
How to avail Jio emergency data loan facility:
- Open MyJio app and go to ‘Menu’ on the top left of the page
- Select ‘Emergency Data Loan’ under mobile services
- Click ‘Proceed’ on the Emergency Data Loan banner
- Select ‘Get emergency data’ option
- Click ‘Activate now’ to get the emergency loan benefit. It will be activated instantly
- Payment for the emergency data loan you have availed can be done from the same page
Jio users who run out of their high-speed daily data quota and are unable to recharge immediately can borrow up to five emergency data loan packs of 1GB, each valued at Rs 11. However, users need to have an active plan to opt for the data loan pack, and the data loan will be valid only until the base plan validity.
This service by Jio should come in handy especially when users run out of daily data due to high data consumption and are not in a position to recharge instantly.