- The Android 14 developer preview programme for the Nothing Phone (2) is now available.
- The latest update brings Android 14 Beta 3 to the Phone (1).
- Nothing has also informed its users about some notable issues they may encounter in this version.
Nothing recently released an Android 14 Beta update for the Nothing Phone (1). The company has now confirmed that the second stage of the Nothing Phone (1) Android 14 developer preview programme is now available. The latest update brings Android 14 Beta 4 to the Phone (1).
Follow us on WhatsApp, Click to Join
Nothing Phone (1) Android 14 Beta 3: what’s new
- Nothing Phone (1) users can now upgrade their devices to Android 14 Beta 3.
- The Phone (1) Android 14 beta update comes with some new pre-installed apps, including the Nothing Weather app and Recorder.
- Additionally, the update also introduces new Nothing widgets.
- The company said that the new beta version will have support for API level 34, which is based on Android 14 Beta 3.
Installing the latest beta could cause some issues on the Phone (1), and these include:
- Fingerprint registration is not possible.
- Glyph features are not accessible.
- Face unlock is unavailable.
- Battery sharing is not available.
- The camera app lacks Portrait Mode or slow-motion features.
- Screen cast to TV connection is unavailable.
- Pre-installed Nothing Weather and Nothing X apps are not included.
Nothing Phone (1) Android 14 Beta 3: how to install itUsers of the Nothing Phone (1) should check that their device has the most recent version of NothingOS installed. You can do this by going to Settings, System, and System Update.
- Download the Android 14 Beta 3 update package for Nothing Phone (1).
- Create a new folder called “ota” in the internal storage directory of the device using the File Manager app.
- Add the downloaded Android 14 Beta 3 update package to the “ota” folder that has just been established.
- Dial the following code on the Phone app by going to: *#*#682#*#*
- After that, the local update tool ought to launch. Choose the firmware for Android 13 Beta 3 from the menu that displays. If the downloaded file does not appear in the “ota” folder, click on the reload button.
- Users can also choose the Android 13 Beta 3 update package by using the browse button as an alternative.
- To begin updating, select “Directly apply OTA from selection” now.
- Restart the device after the procedure is finished.
Nothing Phone (1) made its debut in July of last year and shipped with NothingOS 1.0, which is based on Android 12. Earlier this year, the company released NothingOS 1.5 for the device, which is based on Android 13. Now, Nothing Phone (1) users can update to Android 14 Beta 3.