- Nothing Phone 2a could be in the works as a mid-range offering.
- The handset bears the model number AIN142.
- The Nothing Phone 2a is tipped to come with a 6.7-inch display, LED strips on the back panel, and probably dual cameras.
After launching the Nothing Phone (1) and Phone (2), the company appeared to have shifted its focus towards audio products, going by recent rumours. However, X (formerly Twitter) a tipster has shared that the brand is working on a new mid-range phone, dubbed the Nothing Phone 2a. The user has shared the model number, moniker, and design, besides tipping a few of the phone’s specifications.
Nothing Phone 2a would be in the works
- According to a post on X by tipster Sanju Choudhary, the next phone from Nothing will be dubbed Nothing Phone 2a.
- The handset is tipped to bear the model number AIN142.
- However, this is not new information since the moniker and model number was confirmed on the IMEI database back in August.
- The post also includes a possible design of the phone, showing the rear design. We see a familiar LED strip on the back panel and a transparent design.
- The Nothing Phone 2a appears to have a boxy chassis with rounded edges and the strip light design is similar to the Nothing Phone (1).
- The user says the final design could be slightly different.
- The X user claims the phone would sport a 6.7-inch AMOLED display and a punch-hole cutout for the selfie shooter.
- The handset could come with dual camera sensors on the back panel, which could be made of glass.
- The Nothing Phone 2a going by the name will be slightly cheaper than the Nothing Phone 2 and will be placed above the Nothing Phone 1.