- The OnePlus V Fold will be launching in third quarter of this year
- 7.8″ AMOLED display is expected for the main screen along with other flagship specs
- Support for flex mode and stylus remains in question
OnePlus will make its foray into the foldable smartphone segment later this year. The brand teased the launch of the OnePlus V Fold in February during OnePlus 11 event in February. It was revealed that the phone will make its way to the global markets in Q3 2023.
Follow us on WhatsApp, Click to Join
After the design of the phone was leaked last week, a new report from MySmartPrice courtesy of tipster OnLeaks has also shared with us the specifications of the upcoming smartphone.
OnePlus V Fold specifications (leaked)
- Display: 6.3-inch AMOLED Cover screen with 120Hz refresh rate. As you unfold, you’ll be greeted with a 7.8-inch foldable AMOLED with a 2K resolution and the same high refresh rate.
- Processor: Like most flagships being launched this year, the OnePlus V Fold will house a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset. A 16GB RAM option will help with the performance.
- Battery: The phone will be packed with a 4,800mAh battery and support 67W fast charging.
- Camera: The phone comes with a total of five cameras. 48MP main+ 48MP ultra-wide+ 64MP telephoto triple camera setup is expected at the back. The phone will also feature a 32MP front camera in the punch-hole on the cover screen and a 20MP sensor on the inside.
- Software: OxygenOS 13.1 with Android 13 will be powering the upcoming device.
Other details of the phone such as support for flex mode or a stylus have not been revealed in the report. Sister company OPPO’s Find N2 smartphone does provide support for both. The phone seems to be fairly big in size thanks to large displays on both inside and out.
Another area where OnePlus V Fold shines is the battery size and charging speed. The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 is expected to feature a 4,400mAh battery pack and 25W charging. Meanwhile, OnePlus V Fold features a higher capacity 4,800mAh battery with 67W fast charging. It remains to be seen how OnePlus prices this smartphone as these components do indicate a high price tag.
|Expected Price:||Rs. 98,290|
|Release Date:||10-Aug-2023 (Expected)|
|Variant:||8 GB RAM / 128 GB internal storage|