- The Redmi K70 appeared on Geekbench with the MediaTek Dimensity 8300 chipset.
- The phone might feature an FHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate.
- The upcoming Redmi K70 series is anticipated to also pack Snapdragon’s flagship chipset.
Redmi K70 series’ launch date hasn’t been revealed yet, but a number of leaks and speculations about the upcoming phone are making the rounds of the internet ahead of their official announcement. Recently, it was reported that the Redmi K70 appeared on Geekbench with the MediaTek Dimensity 8300 chipset. However, there are now suggestions that the one of the phones in the series could come equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 instead.
Follow us on WhatsApp, Click to Join
This complicates things since a while ago, the alleged Redmi K70 Pro was spotted on Geekbench running not Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, but its successor, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset.
Redmi K70 chipset details
- On Weibo, Lu Weibing, who is the President of Xiaomi China and the General Manager of Redmi, shared his appreciation for the second-generation Snapdragon 8 processor.
- The company executive referred to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset as the standout flagship for 2023 because of its impressive performance and energy efficiency.
- It is worth noting that the official didn’t directly mention the Redmi K70 series, but their posts’ timing hints that the smartphone might indeed run on the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC.
- Weibing also wondered if the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 could achieve the same success as the Snapdragon 870.
Redmi K70 specifications (expected)
- Display: Redmi K70 is rumoured to have an FHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10+.
- Chipset: The upcoming Redmi K70 may use the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC with Adreno GPU, though Geekbench listed the Dimensity 8300 SoC.
- Storage: The smartphone might offer up to 16GB RAM and 512GB storage.
- Software: The Redmi K70 is expected to run on Android 14 with MIUI 14 out of the box.
- Battery: The phone is anticipated to support 90W fast charging, but the battery capacity is still unknown.
- Other features: Connectivity options may include 5G, 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a USB Type-C port.
The Redmi K70 series is on the verge of launching in China, but the exact date is still unknown. The series is expected to include three models – Redmi K70, Redmi K70 Pro, and Redmi K70e. It is also said that the Redmi K70 might be unveiled in India as POCO F6.