If you have received the first or second dose of Covaxin, Covishield, or Sputnik vaccine jab and are wondering how to download the vaccination certificate, look no further. Here’s a quick guide to that. People who have received the COVID vaccines can download the COVID vaccine certificate online using the CoWIN portal, Aarogya Setu, Digilocker, and Umang app. Below is the step-by-step guide on how to COVID vaccination certificate download online, which remains the same for the second dose as well. But, before we get to that, here’s what you need to know about COVID vaccine certificate and why you need to download it.
What is COVID vaccine certificate?
COVID vaccine certificate is an official document that proves a person has been vaccinated. It is issued after the doses (first and second) of the COVID-19 vaccine is administered. The vaccine certificate has a unique 13-digit beneficiary reference ID using which you can access all the details of that particular person.
How to download COVID vaccine certificate
People who get the first dose of COVID vaccine will only get a provisional COVID vaccine certificate. Only after you have got both vaccine doses, you get all the details about the inoculation. But in either stage, you might wonder how to download COVID vaccination certificate. Well, there are multiple ways of getting it. You can use the government’s CoWIN website, Aarogya Setu app, DigiLocker app, or the Umang app to get a digital copy of the COVID vaccine certificate.
COVID vaccination certificate download using CoWIN
CoWIN, as you might know, is a government-authorised web portal that lets you register and schedule vaccine appointments. Once you get inoculated, follow these steps to download the COVID vaccine certificate.
- Open the CoWIN website on any web browser
- Click on Register/Sign In button. Sign in using your registered mobile number and enter the OTP received in the SMS
- After getting the first or second dose, the platform will show the Certificate tab under your name. Click on the button to download the soft copy of the COVID vaccine certificate
COVID vaccine certificate download using Aarogya Setu app
Aarogya Setu is the mobile app through which you can schedule vaccine appointments on Android and iOS devices. But it also allows you to download the vaccine certificate. Here are the steps for that:
- Download Aarogya Setu on Android and iOS from Google Play Store and the Apple App Store, respectively
- Head over to CoWIN tab at the top and click on Vaccine Certificate
- Type your 13-digit beneficiary reference ID and click on Get Certificate
- Now you can download the COVID vaccine certificate.
COVID vaccination certificate download using Digilocker
Digilocker is another avenue through which you can download the COVID vaccine certificate. This digital platform lets you store important documents on the cloud that can be accessed anytime using the app. Digilocker is available on Android and iOS for all users.
Here are the steps to download the COVID vaccine certificate using Digilocker:
- Download the Digilocker app on Android and iOS from Google Play Store and App Store, respectively
- Register on the app using personal details like name, address, and Aadhaar number
- Scroll down, head over to the Health section, and click on the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, select the Vaccine Certificate option
- Add your 13-digit reference ID and download the vaccine certificate
How to download COVID vaccination certificate using Umang app
Umang app is another government source platform that can be used to download vaccination certificate. The app works on both Android and iPhone and facilitates all government services under one platform. Here’s how the certificate can be downloaded:
- Download Umang app on Android and iOS device from the app store
- Click on CoWIN in the ‘What’s New section’
- Select ‘Download Vaccination Certificate’
- Register/ login using the registered mobile number and OTP
- Confirm beneficiary name in the tab and click on Download to get the vaccine certificate
How to get COVID vaccine certificate on WhatsApp
Vaccinated citizens of India can now get their inoculation certificate on WhatsApp. It can be done with these three simple steps:
- Save the contact number: +91 9013151515 on your phone
- Now, launch WhatsApp and search for the number
- Type and send ‘Covid certificate’ on WhatsApp
- Enter OTP
If you have used the number to register for vaccination, you will get the PDF file of your certificate. In case, more than one person has been inoculated using the number, you’ll get the option to select a member whose COVID vaccine certificate you want to download.
How to download COVID vaccine international travel certificate
Users can download their international travel COVID vaccine certificate from the CoWIN portal. The certificate is said to be in compliance with the WHO’s digital documentation of COVID-19 certificates vaccination status data dictionary. The certificate comprises date of birth, doses taken, vaccine name, type, manufacturer, number and dates of doses of the inoculators. International travel Covid vaccine certificate can be downloaded using the following steps:
- Go to CoWIN portal
- Sign-up using the number used for vaccine registration
- Select “International Travel Certificate” option right next to the “Certificate” option on the portal
- Next up, enter your password details, including date of birth and passport number
- Choose ‘I declare that this passport belongs to the beneficiary.’ and hit ‘Submit Request’
- You will now be able to download the PDF file of International Travel Certificate
COVID vaccine certificate download FAQs
How to download COVID vaccine certificate without mobile number?
You cannot download COVID vaccine certifcate without a mobile number. All the ways we have listed to download COVID vaccination certificate require a mobile number. You will need a mobile number to log into the CoWIN website, Aarogya Setu app, Umang app, and Digilocker app.
How to download COVID vaccine certificate without beneficiary ID or reference number
To download the COVID vaccine certificate without beneficiary ID or reference number, you can use the Umang app or the CoWIN portal. The Digilocker app and Aarogya Setu app require a beneficiary ID or reference number to download the certificate.