COVID vaccination certificate download: The COVID vaccination drive in India for everyone above 18 years has been going on for several weeks now. If you have been vaccinated and are wondering about how to download COVID vaccination certificate online, here’s an article that can help you with that. People who have received the COVID vaccine can download the COVID vaccine certificate online using the CoWIN portal, Aarogya Setu, Digilocker, and Umang app. Below is the step-by-step guide on how to download COVID vaccination certificate online. But, before we get to that, here’s what you need to know about COVID vaccine certificate and how it makes a difference.
The steps to download Covid vaccine certificate after the second dose are also the same.
What is COVID vaccine certificate?
COVID vaccine certificate is an official document that proves a person has been vaccinated. It is issued after the doses (first and second) of the COVID-19 vaccine is administered. The vaccine certificate has a unique 13-digit beneficiary reference ID using which you can access all the details of that particular person.
How to download COVID vaccine certificate
People who get the first dose of COVID vaccine will only get a provisional COVID vaccine certificate. Only after you have got both vaccine doses, you get all the details about the inoculation. But in either stage, you might wonder how to download COVID vaccination certificate. Well, there are multiple ways of getting it. You can use the government’s CoWIN website, Aarogya Setu app, DigiLocker app, or the Umang app to get a digital copy of the COVID vaccine certificate.
How to download COVID vaccination certificate using CoWIN
CoWIN, as you might know, is a government-authorised web portal that lets you register and schedule vaccine appointments. Once you get inoculated, follow these steps to download the COVID vaccine certificate.
- Open the CoWIN website on any web browser
- Click on Register/Sign In button. Sign in using your registered mobile number and enter the OTP received in the SMS
- After getting the first or second dose, the platform will show the Certificate tab under your name. Click on the button to download the soft copy of the COVID vaccine certificate
How to download COVID vaccine certificate using Aarogya Setu app
Aarogya Setu is the mobile app through which you can schedule vaccine appointment on Android and iOS devices. But it also allows you to download the vaccine certificate. Here are the steps for that:
- Download Aarogya Setu on Android and iOS from Google Play Store and the Apple App Store, respectively
- Head over to CoWIN tab at the top and click on Vaccine Certificate
- Type your 13-digit beneficiary reference ID and click on Get Certificate
- Now you can download the COVID vaccine certificate.
How to download vaccination certificate using Digilocker
Digilocker is another avenue through which you can download the COVID vaccine certificate. This digital platform lets you store important documents on the cloud that can be accessed anytime using the app. Digilocker is available on Android and iOS for all users.
Here are the steps to download the COVID vaccine certificate using Digilocker:
- Download the Digilocker app on Android and iOS from Google Play Store and App Store, respectively
- Register on the app using personal details like name, address, and Aadhaar number
- Scroll down, head over to the Health section, and click on the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, select the Vaccine Certificate option
- Add your 13-digit reference ID and download the vaccine certificate
How to download COVID vaccination certificate using Umang app
Umang app is another government source platform that can be used to download vaccination certificate. The app works on both Android and iPhone and facilitates all government services under one platform. Here’s how the certificate can be downloaded:
- Download Umang app on Android and iOS device from the app store
- Click on CoWIN in the ‘What’s New section’
- Select ‘Download Vaccination Certificate’
- Register/ login using the registered mobile number and OTP
- Confirm beneficiary name in the tab and click on Download to get the vaccine certificate
COVID vaccine certificate download FAQs
How to download COVID vaccine certificate without mobile number?
You cannot download COVID vaccine certifcate without a mobile number. All the ways we have listed to download COVID vaccination certificate require a mobile number. You will need a mobile number to log into the CoWIN website, Aarogya Setu app, Umang app, and Digilocker app.
How to download COVID vaccine certificate without beneficiary ID or reference number
To download the COVID vaccine certificate without beneficiary ID or reference number, you can use the Umang app or the CoWIN portal. The Digilocker app and Aarogya Setu app require a beneficiary ID or reference number to download the certificate.