Grand Theft Auto 4 or GTA IV is one of the oldest titles belonging to the popular franchise. It came out way back in 2008 and without a doubt continues to hold immense popularity in the gaming community. GTA 4 is all about the character Niko Bellic who comes to Liberty City to move on from his past and start a new life. However, things go awry for Niko, falling into debt which forces him to work with the underworld criminals. The GTA 4 storyline weaves itself into the character and gives you the thrill of roaming around the city and messing with the cops. So, if you are interested in entering the world of Liberty City, here’s a step-by-step guide on GTA 4 download for PC. We also help you understand the GTA 4 system requirements and more.
GTA 4 download for PC
You can download GTA IV on PC using Steam or Rockstar Games Store. Here’s the step-by-step guide to download GTA 4:
How to download GTA IV on PC using Steam
If you are using Steam to download GTA 4 for PC, then you will first have to download and install the Steam app on your system. After that, you have to log in to your account. If you are new to the platform you can register and create an account as well. Follow these steps to download GTA 4 on Steam:
- Go to the Steam website and download Steam app to Windows PC
- Now you can register for a new account or log in if you already have one
- Search for GTA 4 on the Steam app
- Choose GTA 4: The Complete Edition
- Make payment using debit/credit card, or other modes for GTA 4
- After payment confirmation, hit the Download button to get GTA 4 on your PC
How to download GTA 4 on PC from Rockstar Games store
Rockstar Games store is another official source to get GTA 4 download. Unlike Steam, you just have to head over to the Rockstar Games store online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Rockstar Games store website and sign in to your account
- You can also create an account using the ‘Sign In’ option
- Search for GTA 4 in the Rockstar Games store online or click on this link
- Select GTA 4 PC download and click on Add to Basket
- Go to checkout, make the payment, and download the game
GTA 4 system requirements
Since GTA IV was developed ages ago for older PCs, it will run well on most modern machines. Here are the system requirements for GTA 4:
- OS: Windows 7 or above
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Athlon X2 64
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7900 GT / ATI Radeon X1900 GT
GTA IV PC size
You will need at least 22 GB of free space on your PC/ laptop to download and play GTA 4. It is recommended to download the game on your SSD for faster loading speed and better performance.
GTA 4 price
GTA 4 has different pricing Steam and Rockstar Games Store. That said, the game is comparatively cheaper on Steam. Check out price of GTA 4 on both storefronts:
- GTA 4 price on Steam – Rs 999
- GTA 4 price on Rockstar Games Store – Rs 1,659
How to play GTA 4 on Android, iPhone
Rockstar hasn’t officially launched GTA 4 on mobile devices. However, you can play the game on Android smartphones and iPhones using Steam Link, if you have purchased the game on Steam. Here’s how you can play GTA 4 on Android and iOS devices:
- Install Steam Link app from Google Play Store for Android, or App Store for iOS
- Open the Steam Link app on your phone and login with your Steam account
- Launch GTA 4 on your PC via Steam
- Click on the GTA 4 icon in the Steam Link app to stream the game to your Android device or iPhone
It should be noted that you will need a good internet connection to stream GTA 4 to your smartphone using Steam Link. The touch controls in Steam Link may have latency issues, so it is recommended to use a controller.
Can you download GTA 4 for Android and iPhone?
Since GTA 4 is not officially launched by Rockstar on Google Play Store or App Store, you cannot download the game to your Android or iOS device. You can only stream the game on your smartphone using Steam Link as mentioned above.
How to download GTA 4 on Mac?
GTA 4 was never released for Mac, hence, you’ll not find the title for Apple computers via the official Rockstar Games Store and Steam.
Are there any GTA IV cheats?
Just like other games in the franchise, GTA 4 cheats allow you to restore health and armour, get weapons, spawn vehicles, and more. Check out our full list of GTA 4 cheats for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox.