- Reliance Jio partners with NPCI to roll out a new UPI Autopay feature for prepaid users.
- The new feature allows automatic prepaid recharges up to Rs 5,000 without the requirement of a UPI pin.
- The new feature is limited to prepaid users for now.
Reliance Jio brings UPI Autopay functionality for its prepaid users in its latest addition to ease the life of its users. The Reliance Jio UPI Autopay feature comes through a partnership between Reliance and the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). This new feature allows users to automatically recharge prepaid plans on their Reliance Jio number upon expiry without the hassle of going through the process manually. The Jio UPI Autopay feature allows the creation, modification, and removal of plans and allows payments of up to Rs 5,000 without having to punch in the UPI pin. For now, this autopay feature will be restricted to prepaid users, postpaid users will not be able to enjoy the benefits of this feature.
Reliance Jio UPI Autopay for prepaid plan users
Reliance Jio in alliance with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has enabled prepaid plan users to avail automatic recharge of their Reliance Jio prepaid plans via UPI transactions. The UPI Autopay feature is available for only prepaid users and can be made without the need for a UPI pin for transactions ranging up to Rs 5,000. Beyond the Rs 5,000 mark, users will have to authorise the transaction by punching in their UPI pin. The Reliance Jio UPI Autopay feature will allow the creation, modification, and deletion of the e-mandate for some tariff plans via the feature.
How to use Reliance Jio UPI Autopay feature
You can follow the following steps to use the new UPI Autopay feature on your Reliance Jio number:
- Open the MyJio mobile app on your smartphone
- Tap on the Mobile section on the top of the screen
- Tap on Setup Jio Autopay
- You will then be redirected to a page that mentions the benefits of the new feature along with a “We support Bank Account and UPI” indication. Tap on the Get Started button at the bottom.
- You then have to choose the plan that you would want to select for your automated prepaid cycle and tap on it
- You can then move on to select the preferred mode of payment, UPI or Bank Account. Tap on UPI and proceed.
- You can then provide UPI details and verify the same post in which the feature will be activated on your Jio number.