- Nothing Phone (1) is confirmed to get the Nothing OS 2.0 update.
- The update will arrive on the phone by the end of August.
- Nothing OS 2.0 is expected to bring massive visual changes, functional improvements and much more.
Besides confirming the Nothing Phone (2) launch date as July 11th, the company’s CEO and founder Carl Pei also announced the Nothing OS 2.0 rollout for Phone (1) users. Pei has assured that Nothing Phone (1) would get Nothing OS 2.0 by the end of August, while the Nothing Phone (2) will expectedly ship with OS 2.0 right out of the box. The company has been promoting and teasing the new custom skin on a large scale in the past few weeks and is expected to bring a visual overhaul to the UI.
Follow us on WhatsApp, Click to Join
Software support is very important to us. Nothing OS 2.0 will be coming to Phone (1) users by the end of August.— Carl Pei (@getpeid) June 13, 2023
Nothing Phone (1) Nothing OS 2.0 update
- This is great news for Nothing Phone (1) users who feared the most-anticipated update wouldn’t arrive to the 1st gen smartphone from the tech startup.
- This also serves as a good indication to suggest that the brand is indeed committed to offering software support to its older phones.
- While the company hasn’t revealed any visual changes that will be coming officially, there will be some aesthetic changes as well.
- Mladen M. Hoyss, Software Creative Director at Nothing, talking to XDA-Developers, said that the company wants to “start almost from scratch” in terms of looks since it has the “opportunity” and “momentum” to do so.
- Hoyss says the key concept behind Nothing OS 2.0 is “functional aesthetics”, which means taking a lot of data and visualising it in a way that makes it easy to digest for users.
- The Nothing OS 2.0 will still have Android-sweetness, probably the Material You design language and others.
- The executive says the ‘home screen’ will be personal to you and the information that interests you instead of just icons.