Reddit is one of the most popular websites in the world, and for good reason. The platform is a great source of social news, discussions and other interesting content like hilarious gifs, memes, homemade videos, and much more. If you’re an active Redditor, you must have come across an image or video on subreddits that you wished to save for later viewing or sharing. While the platform allows you to save an image on your mobile phone or PC/laptop just by tapping it, it’s not as simple when it comes to downloading Reddit videos with audio. If you’re curious about how you can save videos from Reddit on your device, you’re in the right place!
Reddit video download
Reddit once allowed its users to download videos from within the app, but the feature was disabled due to copyright infringement issues. Fortunately, there are a bunch of ways using which you can download Reddit videos albeit for personal use. One of the easiest ways to save a Reddit video on your device is to use its screen recording feature. However, it isn’t the most feasible solution as you’ll have to trim the video and the audio may end up fussier. In this article, we’ll list a couple of workarounds that you can use to download a Reddit video with sound on your phone or PC.
How to download Reddit video with audio on Android mobile phone
If you’re an Android user, you can easily use one of the Reddit downloader apps available on the Google Play store to download a video on Reddit. While most of these dedicated third-party apps do the job, the Viddit app is most popular for its simple interface.
Using Viddit app
- Download Viddit – Video Downloader for Reddit from Google Play store, and install it on your Android phone.
- Once the app is installed, go to the Reddit app and open the post with the video that you want to download.
- Click the Share button below the post and from the share sheet that pops up, tap on Viddit.
- Alternatively, copy the link of the Reddit video and paste it in the text field in Viddit app.
- Wait for a few seconds for the app to fetch the Reddit video and download it on your device. If it doesn’t start downloading automatically, hit the Download button.
The downloaded video can be found under Downloads > Viddit on your phone’s storage.
How to download Reddit video with audio on iPhone
Reddit app allows iPhone users to save a video directly to their device. However, it’s not the best option due to the limit on which videos you can download. A great alternative is Reddit client apps like Slide for Reddit that make the download hassle-free.
Using Slide app
- Download and install Slide for Reddit from the App store.
- Once installed, open the app and navigate to the video post you want to save.
- Tap the video so it starts playing in full-screen and then, click on the Download icon on the bottom right corner.
You can find the downloaded Reddit video with audio in the Camera roll or Photos app.
IMPORTANT: Slide for Reddit app is available for both Android and iOS users.
How to download Reddit video with audio on laptop/PC
If you want to save videos from Reddit on your laptop/PC, your first option is to use a third-party video downloader website like Reddit Save. It is a simple yet powerful solution, which allows you to save Reddit videos with audio intact in the best possible resolution.
You can also use the Reddit app to download video files with the help of a bot. Reddit bot is a program that lets you perform automated tasks with the help of a command. All you need to do is mention the bot command as a comment below the video post to save it.
- Open Reddit on your device and go to the video post that you want to download.
- Tap the Share button below the post and from the pop-up menu, select Copy Link.
- Now, go to the browser of your choice and open redditsave.com.
- Paste the Reddit video URL in the text field at the top of the page and hit Download.
- On the new page that opens, choose whether you want to download the video in HD or SD quality and click on Save to start the download process.
You can view the video from the Downloads folder (or wherever you choose to save it).
Other than RedditSave to download Reddit videos, you can also use
Using Reddit bot
- Open Reddit on your device and navigate to the post with the video that you want to download.
- Go to the comment section of the video, type u/SaveVideo and tap the Post button.
- In a few seconds, you’ll receive a message from the Reddit bot containing a link. Click on the link to open a new page and then, choose from HD or SD video quality to start the download process.
The Reddit video with audio will be saved in the Downloads folder of the browser.
IMPORTANT: The two above-mentioned methods work universally, regardless of whether you’re using a laptop/PC, Android device or iPhone to download a Reddit video with audio.
Why is there no sound in the downloaded Reddit video?
Some downloaded Reddit videos don’t have any sound because the user who has uploaded them has muted it or the video had no audio to begin with. It might also be just a GIF.
Why can’t I download a Reddit video?
It is possible that video you’re trying to download is not hosted by Reddit, but a third-party site like YouTube that is not supported by the downloader app or website you’re using.
What to do if the video does not download but plays instead?
If the video starts playing instead of downloading, it could be just a preview of the file. If you want to download the Reddit video on your PC, right-click on the video and click on the Save button to save it. On phones, tap and hold the video until the download option appears.