- Samsung’s next foldable lineup is tipped to come with larger displays.
- This is for the cover and main display as well.
- The Galaxy Z Flip 6 might have a 3.6-inch cover display.
Samsung launched the Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Galaxy Z Flip 5 in August this year. The foldables come with the usual incremental upgrades but the Flip now offers a larger cover display from 1.9 inches to 3.4 inches. This was a much-needed upgrade from Samsung, and we might see an even larger screen next year according to a tipster.
Samsung 2024 foldables to come with larger displays
- The Galaxy Z Fold 6 and Galaxy Z Flip 6 will come with larger displays than the previous models, according to tipster Ross Young, who is also the co-founder and CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC). This is for the cover display and the main display inside as well.
- The tipster adds that the Galaxy Z Flip 6 cover display could be 3.6 inches. For context, the Galaxy Z Flip 5 has a 3.4-inch cover display. There are no specific details on the Galaxy Z Fold 6’s cover display.
- A bigger cover display makes sense for the Galaxy Z Flip 6 as it would allow for more functionalities without having to open the phone. Competing brands like Motorola and OPPO already offer highly useful cover displays on their Flip phones, and are expected to get better with the next-gen foldables. But seeing how Samsung has been slow with upgrades on its foldable lineup, it’s interesting to see whether they actually make the jump.
- The Galaxy Z Flip 6 is also tipped to come with upgrades in the camera department. Samsung has reportedly started testing Galaxy Z Flip 6 prototype models with a 50MP primary camera. This would be a major upgrade over the Galaxy Z Flip 5’s 12MP camera.
We might also see cheaper foldables from Samsung next year. There’s a ‘Galaxy Z FE’ in the works that will be a lighter version of either the Flip or Fold. Since it will be an FE model, the specs and features will be toned down from the flagship lineup. But this is all speculation for now, and we’re yet to see more about a possible FE foldable.