Star Sports has the exclusive rights to broadcast all matches of the ICC T20 Cricket World Cup 2021 live in India, as well as in a handful of other countries. Now that group stage matches are done and dusted, the action shifts to the Super 12 stage where the Indian T20 cricket team, led by Virat Kohli, will also be in action. India’s first match of the T20 World Cup Cricket 2021 is scheduled against Pakistan on October 24th, Sunday. So gear up and subscribe to the Star Sports channels now, if you wish to watch the match live on TV in the country. If you are wondering how you can subscribe to Star Sports channels on various direct-to-home (DTH) platforms in the country using SMS or call services available, here’s a quick step-by-step guide:
List of Star Sports channels telecasting ICC T20 World Cup
- Star Sports 1 HD and SD (English commentary)
- Star Sports 2 HD and SD
- Star Sports 1 Hindi HD and SD (Hindi commentary)
- Star Sports 1 Telugu
- Star Sports 1 Tamil
- Star Sports Kannada
How to add Star Sports Channel
Star Sports channels are paid-to-watch, with their prices in India starting at Rs 20.06/ month. In case, the channels are not part of your subscription plan, here’s what you need to do to get them:
How to add Star Sports in Tata Sky
Tata Sky subscribers can get Star Sports on their account by sending the following SMS:
- Send an SMS with ADD <Channel No.> to 56633 and make sure to send it from your registered mobile number.
- You can also call the Tata Sky customer care number 1800-208-6633 from your registered mobile number and ask the executive to add the channel to your Tata Sky pack.
How to add Star Sports in Airtel Digital TV
- For Airtel Digital TV, users have to send an SMS with their customer ID. Send the SMS with Add <channel number> to 54325 to add Star Sports to the pack. Make sure the set-top box is turned on while sending the SMS.
- Alternatively, Airtel Digital TV users can call the number 9154052### and get the channel added to their account.
How to add Star Sports in Dish TV
- You need to send an SMS on 57575 with DISHTV GET <Channel No.> to get Star Sports on your Dish TV account. Make sure to use the registered mobile number, otherwise the feature will not work.
- You also have the option to call on 888-686-2388 and ask them to add the channel if that feels easier for some people.
How to add Star Sports in d2h
Videocon d2h users can add Star Sports channels by sending SMS ADD <Channel no.> to 566777 or 921202299 using your registered mobile number. This way the channel will be added to your existing d2h package
In case that doesn’t work, you can contact d2h customer care number to get the Star Sports channel. Simply dial 9115691156
How to refresh DTH Account
Every month DTH users recharge their accounts to continue using the TV services. But while recharging an account it is possible the service provider has not got the confirmation for the said transaction. This is when people have to refresh their DTH account. Here’s how you can do that on Tata Sky, Dish TV, Airtel Digital and more.
How to refresh DTH account in Tata Sky
- Tata Sky users have to send an SMS with SR to 5663. Usually, it takes two to three minutes for your account to get refreshed.
- You can also call the number 9040590405 from your registered mobile number to get it done in a few minutes.
How to refresh DTH account in Dish TV
- Again, if you notice any error after recharging your DTH account, it is better to refresh it once with your provider, in this case, it is Dish TV. Just send an SMS with DISHTV REFRESH to 57575 and your account should be refreshed in a quick time.
- You can also make use of the number 18002744744, give a missed call from your registered mobile number and the refresh process should come through.
How to refresh DTH account on Airtel DTH
- Airtel DTH subscribers have to send SMS with ‘HR’ from their registered mobile number to 54325.
- Subscribers can also refresh their account by giving a missed call to 8448284708 from your registered mobile number.
How to refresh DTH account on d2h
- Dial 18001370777 or send SMS ‘REF’ to 566777 to refresh your DTH account on d2h
- Keep your set-top box on for at least 15 mins for the refresh to take effect.