- Nothing Phone (2) will get a 6.7-inch display, which is 0.15 inches larger than Phone (1).
- Phone (2) will also have a 4,700mAh battery, which is 200mAh bigger than the predecessor.
- Nothing Phone (2)’s launch date is yet to be revealed.
Nothing Phone (2) is officially confirmed by the brand recently and is set to launch in July. There’s also a dedicated listing on Flipkart. The Phone (1) successor will arrive with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 SoC. Now, Nothing in a series of Tweets on Twitter has revealed the display size and battery capacity of the Phone (2) ahead of the official announcement. Check out the details.
Nothing Phone (2) display size
1️⃣ Carbon footprint: Phone (2) boasts an @SGS_SA certified carbon footprint of 53.45kg, over 5 kg lower than Phone (1). A significant achievement given the overall boost in performance, including a 200 mAh increase in battery and a screen that is 0.15″ bigger than Phone (1).— Nothing (@nothing) May 31, 2023
- Firstly, Nothing confirmed the display size is 0.15 inches bigger than the Phone (1).
- To recall, the Phone (1) flaunts a 6.55-inch screen, which means the Phone (2) will get a 6.7-inch panel.
- We can speculate the panel will be AMOLED and with an FHD+ resolution. The phone could have a 120Hz refresh rate.
Nothing Phone (2) Battery
- The tweet mentions that the Nothing Phone (2)’s battery is 200mAh larger than its predecessor.
- To recall, the Nothing Phone (1) has a 4,500mAh battery so the Phone (2) will get a 4700mAh cell.
- Despite having a larger display and bigger battery, the Phone (2)’s carbon footprint is 53.45kg, which is over 5kg lower than its predecessor.
Nothing further revealed that the Phone (2) contains three times the amount of recycled or bio-based components compared to Phone (1). The Phone (2) will come in a plastic-free retail package that has over 60 percent recycled fibre.
Nothing Phone (2) software support
Nothing has confirmed the Phone (2) will receive 3 years of Android updates and 4 years of security updates. This is the same update commitment that Nothing offered for the Phone (1).
Nothing Phone (2) specifications (expected)
- Display: The Nothing Phone (2) will feature a 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and an in-display fingerprint sensor.
- Processor: The Phone (2) will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 SoC
- Cameras: The Nothing Phone (2) is expected to feature a 50MP primary camera with OIS.
- RAM and Storage: The Nothing Phone (2) is tipped to launch in three variants of 8GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB, and 12GB + 256GB.