- It’s now possible to use WhatsApp properly on iPads through a new beta update.
- WhatsApp beta users can use the linked devices feature to use the app on the iPad.
- Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to link your iPad on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp still doesn’t have a native app for iPads despite one rumoured to be in the works for years. Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg also confirmed WhatsApp for iPad but there hasn’t been an app released yet. But good news for iPad users as there’s finally something very close to an official app for WhatsApp.
Follow us on WhatsApp, Click to Join
WhatsApp for iPad
WhatsApp has now released a beta version for companion mode that can be used on iPads. This is possible through the beta version downloaded from the TestFlight app. It will essentially let you use WhatsApp on iPad through the companion mode feature, as spotted by WABetaInfo. For those unaware, companion mode lets you use the same WhatsApp account on another device. This is however possible only if you’re running the beta version of WhatsApp on iOS.
If you are then follow these steps to use WhatsApp on iPad.
- First you’ll need to download the latest beta version of WhatsApp on your iPhone and iPad.
- Then open WhatsApp on your iPhone, go to the Settings menu and select ‘Linked Devices’.
- Now choose ‘Link a device’ and scan the QR code from your iPad.
- Once your iPad is linked to your iPhone, you’ll be able to use WhatsApp on it.
- So now you can use WhatsApp independently on your iPad even without internet connectivity on your iPhone (primary device).
Do note that you will need to keep your iPhone active once every two weeks since it’s the primary device. There are a few limitations such as not being able to share live location from the linked device (iPad) but otherwise you get the full experience of WhatsApp. This is however, a beta version so there could be some features that aren’t available or don’t work properly. But it’s still very close to having a native WhatsApp app on iPad.