- WhatsApp is getting an AI assistant.
- This feature is currently available only in the US.
- It’s now available in beta with a wider release expected soon.
‘Meta AI’ assistant launched in September for WhatsApp, Messenger and Instagram. The AI assistant is available only in the US for now but it looks like Meta will bring this to everyone else soon. The latest beta version of WhatsApp comes with the AI assistant, and it’s now available to download for beta testers.
Follow us on WhatsApp, Click to Join
WhatsApp AI assistant now available in beta
- The AI assistant is similar to Snapchat’s ‘My AI’ that lets you have a conversation with the bot. On WhatsApp, the feature also works the same way, and it’s available for both one-on-one and group chats.
- According to WABetaInfo, the new feature is available with WhatsApp beta for Android 126.96.36.199 update that can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- WhatsApp has added a new shortcut button right on top of the ‘new chat’ button. This one has a bluish pink circle denoting the AI assistant. If you tap on it, your chat with the AI assistant will open up.
- This way you can easily get to your AI chat without having to search for it.
This feature is currently in beta so not everyone will have access to it. If you’re on the WhatsApp beta programme, you can download the latest version, and check for yourself. Since it’s already on beta, we expect WhatsApp to roll it out for everyone else soon.
Meta AI chatbot for Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Meta AI isn’t your average chatbot as it comes with some advanced capabilities. It comes with a tool for image generation. So you can give the AI text prompts to create “photorealistic images,”. The AI assistant can also offer recommendations, tell jokes, and answer regular questions. Meta also showed an example of asking the AI chatbot for a mocktail recommendation.
It looks like Meta is pushing with its AI work especially in making it widely available. It recently announced AI-powered image and video editing tools for Instagram. This would bring Photoshop-like editing tools directly to Instagram that anyone use without the need of technical skills.