- Battlegrounds Mobile India series 2021 esports tournament has been announced.
- The tournament has a prize pool of Rs 1,00,00,000 (Rs 1 crore) and will span across three months.
- Any player who is a resident of India and has an account that is Platinum and above is eligible to register and play in-game qualifiers.
Battlegrounds Mobile India is currently the most popular mobile game in the country, with over 16 million daily active users and 34 million registered users. Keeping its promise, Krafton, the South Korean video game developer has announced an esports tournament called Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021. This is the first Battlegrounds Mobile esports tournament hosted by Krafton and comes after the huge reception to the official launch of BGMI on July 2nd. The company has announced a prize pool of Rs 1 crore for this inaugural series, which will span across three months. Krafton says that it aims to provide the biggest platform for competitive gaming in the country.
Battlegrounds Mobile India esports tournament schedule, eligibility rules
Battlegrounds Mobile India esports tournament registrations will start on July 19th and the tourney itself will have five stages spanning over three months. Check out the schedule below:
- The in-game qualifiers start on August 2nd and end on August 8th.
- The online qualifiers begin on August 17th and last until September 12th, where 64 teams qualify.
- The quarter-finals will start on September 16th and last until September 26th, with 24 teams qualifying.
- The semi-finals start on September 30th and last until October 3rd, where 16 teams qualify.
- Lastly, finals will begin on October 7th and proceed until October 10th.
Krafton says any player who is a resident of India and has an account that is Platinum and above is eligible to register and play in-game qualifiers. Interested players can register via the dedicated Battlegrounds Mobile India website.
Battlegrounds Mobile India esports tournament prize pool
The first place champions will win prize money of Rs 50 lakh, second place contestants win Rs 25 lakh prize money, while third place gets Rs 10 lakh, fourth placers get Rs 3 lakh and, lastly, fifth placers get Rs 2 lakh. In addition, there’s prize money for MVP (most valuable player), lone ranger, rampage peak, most finishes by a quad, and redeemer.
Battlegrounds Mobile India esports tournament rules and format
- Players who have registered for BGMI 2021 will have to play 15 matches with their registered team members over the given time period.
- The top 10 of 15 matches will be considered for evaluation and scored accordingly. In the case of a tie, certain parameters such as finishes, survival time, accuracy, etc will be considered.
- In the case of a tie, specific parameters such as finishes, survival time, accuracy, etc will be considered.
- Top 1024 teams will qualify for the next round
“Battlegrounds Mobile India series 2021 attempts to offer a platform to the beloved players of BGMI to showcase their skills on the grand stage. With this announcement, Krafton promises exciting times ahead for the Indian gamers, as this marks the beginning of a series of new content, collaborations, and esports tournaments Krafton will be introducing in the country,” said the company in a statement.