- Nothing Smartwatch bears the model number ‘Nothing D395’.
- This will be the brand’s first smartwatch and might be placed in the premium segment.
- Nothing smartwatch’s launch timeline is unclear at the moment.
Nothing Phone (2)’s launch is right around the corner and will arrive as a flagship offering unlike its predecessor, which was a mid-range offering. Amidst the anticipation surrounding the launch, the company filed for a trademark, dubbed ‘CMF by Nothing’ a couple of months ago, as spotted by Mukul Sharma. At that time there wasn’t any information about the product or the category.
Follow us on WhatsApp, Click to Join
That changes today as Mukul has yet again spotted the product on the BIS certification with model number D395. What’s interesting to note is that the Nothing D395 is listed under the smartwatches category.
Is Nothing working on a smartwatch?
- The BIS certification suggests that Nothing is working on a smartwatch with the model number D395.
- While there are chances that the Nothing smartwatch might launch at some point, it might not debut alongside the Nothing Phone (2) next month considering there haven’t been any teasers or hints.
Here’s what Carl Pei said about smartwatches
Got the Samsung Galaxy Watch5 Pro on Sunday to learn about smart watches, but I don’t know what to use it for… Feels kind of useless? What do you use smart watches for?— Carl Pei (@getpeid) February 22, 2023
Going back in time to earlier this year, Nothing CEO, Carl Pei purchased the Samsung Galaxy Watch5 Pro just to learn about smartwatches. However, he found the smartwatch to be “useless”.
With the latest BIS listing, it appears the brand and its CEO have had a change of mind or the Nothing smartwatch will have better use cases compared to the Galaxy Watch5 Pro, if Carl’s statement is anything to go by. There’s a chance Carl must have purchased the Watch 5 Pro because the company already had a smartwatch in the testing and wanted to see what the competition is offering.
At any cost, one thing’s for certain, the Nothing smartwatch could very well be on its way and should be a premium or mid-range offering.