Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) finally launched in India on July 2nd. Krafton announced the release of the official Battlegrounds Mobile India a couple of weeks after the game was available in early access. BGMI borrows all the good bits from PUBG Mobile, which was banned last year, but tweaks the UI slightly to give it the India-exclusive flavour. You can read about our Battlegrounds Mobile India first impressions. The Battlegrounds Mobile India official version download link is available on Google Play Store. We tell how to download BGMI (Battlegrounds Mobile India) on Android, iPhone, and PC in this article.
How to download Battlegrounds Mobile India on Android
Battlegrounds Mobile India or BGMI is officially available on Android. In order to get the official app from the developer, you need to download Battlegrounds Mobile India from Google Play Store. Follow these steps to play Battlegrounds Mobile India on Android
- You can go to Google Play Store and search for BGMI or Battlegrounds Mobile India and hit the install button.
- After this, log in with your Facebook or Twitter account name and password.
- You can also restore your PUBG Mobile India account
- Now, start playing
This process should be followed by both new users and existing early access players in order to download the official Battlegrounds Mobile India game.
How to download Battlegrounds Mobile India game on Windows 10 PC/ laptop
Battlegrounds Mobile India game download for PC runs through Android emulators. You can choose from several Android emulators available in the market. But the most popular emulator we’d suggest is BlueStacks. If you want the best PC gaming performance through an emulator, BlueStacks is our choice. Here’s how you can use BlueStacks to download Battlegrounds Mobile India game on PC.
- Download BlueStacks emulator from the website on your PC
- Click on the BlueStacks setup file to install it on PC
- Now open Google Play Store inside the emulator
- Sign in using your Google username and password
- Search for Battlegrounds Mobile India from the top-right corner
- Download it to the emulator screen on your PC/Mac
- Sign in with your ID
- Start the game within the BlueStacks emulator
How to transfer PUBG Mobile India account to Battlegrounds Mobile India
Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) allows you to transfer your PUBG Mobile account. This means that if you had any achievements, rewards, and apparel that you had purchased in PUBG Mobile, you can carry them forward to Battlegrounds Mobile India. Krafton will allow players to transfer data from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India till December 31st, 2021. Here is how you can transfer data from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India.
- Open Battlegrounds Mobile India and login into the game or signup for the game using Facebook, Twitter, or Google Play.
- You will now be asked to personalise your in-game character.
- Now a pop-up will appear on the screen that reads “Account Data Transfer.” It will ask you if you want to transfer data from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India. Click “Yes.”
- Next, the game will ask you if your PUBG Mobile data is linked to your Facebook account or your Twitter account. Now, select the platform to which your PUBG Mobile account is linked, and click on “OK.”
- It will now ask your Facebook/Twitter account credentials to which your PUBG Mobile is linked. Enter the details and click on “Login.” Once you do that, you will be able to see the “Continue as (your name)” option. Click on it.
- The game will now once again as you for your consent. Click on “Yes.” Congratulations! Your PUBG Mobile data has now been transferred to Battlegrounds Mobile India.
BGMI download for iPhones
Battlegrounds Mobile India game is not available for iPhone users right now. The official version of the game for iOS users is likely to make its way in the coming weeks.
Battlegrounds Mobile India rules
Battlegrounds Mobile India maker Krafton has released a set of rules and regulations to be followed by the gamers. These include age restriction for gamers aged below 18 years, not using obscene names, team killing, irregular teaming up with other players, and use of unauthorised programs or devices, among other things. If caught violating these rules, you could get a 3-day, 30-day, 90-day, or permanent ban from the game.
BGMI or PUBG Mobile India on PC without emulator
Like most Android games in the market, Battlegrounds Mobile India does not have an official PC version, and it’s unlikely you will ever get one. However, you can run Battlegrounds Mobile India on Windows PC or laptop using an emulator. Without an emulator, you cannot play or download Battlegrounds Mobile India on PC. That said, PUBG for PC is still available and has not been banned in India, so you can always play that instead.
Battlegrounds Mobile India game download size on Android
Battlegrounds Mobile India download size varies for each device as per the developer but most people who got access to the beta version of the game say the app size is over 600MB. If you download more items from the internet for the game, it is likely the overall size could be over 1GB.
Which Android phones support BGMI?
Krafton, the developer of Battlegrounds Mobile India says that you need an Android phone with a minimum of 2GB RAM and running on the Android 5.1.1 version or above. You also need a stable internet connection to get the best visual experience of the game and support online multiplayer features.
Is PUBG Mobile India or BGMI free to play game?
Yes, Battlegrounds Mobile India is free to play but right now, with the beta version, people need to pre-register for the game, or wait for its official release to get the free version through Google Play Store.
Best Android emulators for Battlegrounds Mobile India game on PC
Here are some other Android emulators that you can use to download and play Battlegrounds Mobile India on PC:
How to download Battlegrounds Mobile India APK file to play game
Battlegrounds Mobile India APK files are available and you can install them on your Android phone to play the game. But we recommend that you wait for the official release of Battlegrounds Mobile India because APK files can corrupt your device or even install malware that can steal data.
How to download Battlegrounds Mobile India on Mac
Battlegrounds Mobile India game on Mac can be downloaded the same way as the Windows laptop. You can use any compatible Android emulator like Bluestacks, Gameloop to download the game on the device.