- Facebook will let you create up to four personal profiles.
- You can set different settings for each profile depending on your usage.
- The new feature has started rolling out globally.
Facebook has added a new feature that will let you create multiple profiles on the app. With the creation of multiple profiles, you’ll be able to customise your feed, and also whom you share content with. Meta began testing multiple profiles on Facebook last year, and it has now decided to roll it out to everyone.
Follow us on WhatsApp, Click to Join
Creating multiple profiles on Facebook
The new Facebook feature has started rolling out globally, and it will gradually reach everyone over the next couple of months. Facebook will let you create up to four personal profiles, and you can easily switch between each of them without having to login every time.
If you’re an avid Facebook user, you can start creating different profiles by following these steps:
- Go to your profile section on Facebook.
- You’ll see the option to create a new profile on top.
- Select that and add a name for your profile.
- The next step is to add a username for your Facebook profile.
- Then you’ll have the option to add friends to this profile.
- You can also choose the groups you want to be part of, pages to follow, and more.
- The option to switch profiles will be available in the same section.
- You can just tap on that icon and choose the profile you want to use.
At present, Facebook features such as Dating, Marketplace, Professional Mode and payments will not be available to additional personal profiles. It does plan on bringing Messenger support to additional profiles in the coming months. As for the features available now, you’ll be able to customise notification and privacy settings for each profile. When you create one, it has the default settings enabled.