“The Redmi K30 Pro has been launched in China, and it’s expected to arrive in India rebranded as the POCO F2”
Xiaomi sub-brand Redmi has launched the Redmi K30 Pro flagship smartphone in China. It’s the latest high-spec-low-price contender from the Chinese phonemaker that touts powerful specifications such as the Snapdragon 865 SoC. The all-new Redmi K30 Pro is slightly different in design from its non-Pro variant, the Redmi K30, which was launched back in December. There’s a circular camera module with four lenses arranged in a square at the back, and Redmi has brought back the pop-up selfie camera that was seen previously on the Redmi K20 Pro. Other key Redmi K30 Pro specifications include a 64MP quad camera setup, a 4,700mAh battery, and an impressive 33W fast charging tech.
With the Redmi K30 Pro now official, fans in India must be wondering when the smartphone will launch in India. More importantly, will the phone launch in India as the Redmi K30 Pro at all. There are a few reasons to believe that the Redmi K30 Pro will launch in the country as the much anticipated POCO F2. The biggest reason of them all is that the regular Redmi K30 was launched in India as the POCO X2.
POCO, which is now an independent brand, is known for offering phones at disruptive prices as the POCO F1 and POCO X2 are prime examples of that. Last year, the Redmi K20 Pro did not get the welcome it was looking for as some fans believed the pricing was not as competitive as what the POCO F1 offered before it. This is also why we speculate that the Redmi K30 Pro could launch as the POCO F2, allowing POCO to offer the flagship at affordable and disruptive prices. POCO has also been giving subtle teasers that the POCO F2 will be launching in India soon.
Possible POCO F2 specifications
Assuming the POCO F2 will launch in India as a rebranded Redmi K30 Pro, it may come with these specifications:
- A 6.67-inch full-HD+ E3 AMOLED display with 1,080 x 2,400 pixels resolution, up to 1200nit brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The handset may, however, lack a high refresh rate as the Redmi K30 Pro offers only a 60Hz display.
- The POCO F2 will be powered by the 2.84Ghz Snapdragon 865 SoC paired with Adreno 650 GPU and a 5G modem. The phone could be offered with 6GB and 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM and 128GB and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage.
- In optics, the Redmi K30 Pro comes with a 64MP Sony IMX686 primary sensor with OIS, a 5MP (50mm equivalent) telephoto lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro, a 13MP 123-degree ultra wide-angle lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. There is also a Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition, which packs an 8MP telephoto lens that can shoot up to 30x hybrid zoom. The POCO F2 could feature either one of these camera setups, or there could be a POCO F2 Zoom Edition as well.
- The POCO F2 could offer a 20MP front camera with 120Fps slow motion in a pop-up mechanism that retracts automatically when it detects fall.
- Software-wise, the smartphone will run Android 10-based MIUI 11 out of the box.
- The handset could house a 4,700mAh battery with 33W fast charging support.
- Others features may include an in-display fingerprint scanner, IP53 water-resistant rating, Infrared sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, and connectivity options such as 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, and USB Type-C.