- Apple is working on new design changes to the iPhone 16 lineup to prevent overheating issues.
- The company is tipped to be working on a new graphene thermal system for the iPhone 16 series.
- The iPhone 16 Pro and Pro Max’s battery could feature a metal shell for better thermal conductivity.
iPhone 15 Pro models had a jerky start mainly due to heating issues which made customers uncomfortable. There were multiple reports and complaints from users regarding abnormal heating. It now appears that the company doesn’t want to repeat this and for that, Apple is tipped to be working on a graphene thermal system.
Follow us on WhatsApp, Click to Join
iPhone 16 series might come with better thermals
- According to X user @KosutamiSan, who claims to have an iPhone 16 prototype, Apple is working on new design changes to the iPhone 16 lineup to prevent overheating issues.
- The 2024 iPhone lineup could use a graphene thermal system to improve thermal conductivity as this is a more promising material than copper, which is currently used.
Apple is actively working on graphene thermal system of iPhone 16 Series to solve the heating problem existing before. And the battery of Pro series would change to metal shell, for the same reason.— Kosutami (@KosutamiSan) November 16, 2023
- To recall, the heating issue on the iPhone 15 Pro series was initially believed to be because of the newly introduced A17 Pro chip.
- Some believed the smaller heat dissipation area and the new titanium frame could be the real reason for the heating issues.
- Apple put these reports to rest by issuing the iOS 17.0.3 update, thereby confirming this is a software issue and not entirely related to hardware.
- Furthermore, the X user said that the iPhone 16 Pro and Pro Max’s battery units could feature a metal shell for the same heating issue.
MacRumours noted that with Watch Series, Apple already transitioned from black foil casing to metal, so this tip sounds legitimate for iPhone’s battery as well.
|Expected Price:||Rs. 79,990|
|Release Date:||10-Sep-2024 (Expected)|
|Variant:||6 GB RAM / 128 GB internal storage|