- OnePlus has released a new Android 12 beta update for OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro.
- The firmware has a fix for an issue that caused Android 12 Beta 1 to brick devices.
- OnePlus has listed known issues with the new firmware.
Google released the Android 12 operating system on May 18th, 2021. Soon after the OS was announced, major smartphone manufacturers launched the Android 12 beta program for their flagship smartphones. And OnePlus was one among them. The company quickly rolled out Android 12 Beta 1 for the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro. Unfortunately, the firmware caused the devices to brick. As the issue came to light, OnePlus pulled the Android 12 Beta 1 for the two smartphones. Well, today we have some good news. OnePlus has fixed the issue with the firmware and has now released a new beta version of the Android 12 for the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro.
OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro getting new Android 12 beta update
In a new post on its forum, OnePlus has announced that the company is releasing a new Developer Preview of Android 12 for the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro. According to the brand, the new version is a “hotfix build that fixes the issue that caused the original version to get stuck during Factory Reset Protection (FRP) check“. Hopefully, the new firmware will not brick devices, but we can’t say anything for sure until the user reports come in. Along with announcing the new beta firmware, OnePlus has also listed the known issues with the firmware. Below is a list.
- All data will be cleared while flashing the build.
- The video call function is not available.
- Fingerprint unlock and face unlock are unavailable.
- Certain UI screens look less than desirable.
- Some apps may not function as expected.
- System stability issues.
- Probability of camera crash when HDR mode enabled.
In the post, OnePlus alerts users that installing the Developer Preview could brick the phone and urges users not to go ahead with the beta firmware if they don’t know what they are doing. In case you want to roll back to the stable firmware (Android 11), OnePlus has posted links to the stable firmware for the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro on its forum.You can check out more news about the upcoming smartphones as well as popular product recommendations on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages and head to our YouTube channel for the latest videos.