People who have tried downloading ringtones would know that it is not an easy task. Due to copyright issues, there are limited channels for downloading ringtones, and even the ones that are available are either not safe or crammed with ads. We are here to tell you how to download ringtones online for free on Android mobile phone with as few clicks as possible. You can download any ringtone with the steps stated below. It’s worth mentioning that much like any other download tool for YouTube videos, Instagram, and Facebook, among others, this is also not official. If caught using the downloaded ringtone for commercial purpose, without due credit, you may get in trouble. Now that we have clarified this crucial point, let’s look at how you can download best ringtones on mobile phones online for free.
What is a mobile ringtone?
Before we get down to the ringtone download process, you should know that a ringtone (or ring tone) is basically a short audio file that plays when a mobile phone receives incoming calls or messages. It’s not to be confused with caller tune, which is the sound that a caller hears when he/ she calls you.
Ringtone used to be a (bell-like) tone, but that has changed over the last decade. In the smartphone era, it can refer to any customisable sound, including song, melody, or jingle. Phones come pre-loaded with a set of ringtones, which you can choose in Settings menu. Additionally, most of them also allow you to choose your favourite music/ song as a ringtone. But, how do you do that? Read on to find out:
How to download ringtone online on Android mobile phone for free
In order to set your favourite ringtone on Android mobile phone for free, you will have to download it. There are plenty of options out there, but the ones we are recommending here include YouTube to MP3 converter and MP3 ringtones download portal.
1. YouTube to mp3 converter
It’s the best ringtone download tool. You can use any YouTube to MP3 converters to download a song on your device and set it as a ringtone. YT1s is among the most popular YouTube to MP3 converters out there to download MP3 songs or ringtone. Here’s how to use it to download ringtone online for free.
- Go to YouTube and look for the song that you wish to download and set it as your ringtone
- Copy the URL of the song
- Now, fire up any web browser that supports downloading
- Visit YT1s web page
- Paste the link on the YT1s video URL box and select ‘Convert it!’
- Hit the green download button to save the MP3 song offline.
- The good thing is that you can perform these steps on both PC and smartphone
- Check the phone’s ‘Downloads’ folder to see the MP3 file
Some other YouTube to MP3 converters that you can use to download ringtone
2. MP3 Ringtones Download
You can also download ringtone via the MP3 Ringtones Download portal. Unlike YouTube to MP3 converters, you don’t have to convert any videos. Simply search for the video and click on the download option to save the ringtone on your mobile phone.
- Visit https://mp3ringtonesdownload.net/ from any browser that supports downloading
- Search for the song that you would like to set as ringtone
- Open the file from the search result and click on the download portal
- You can also listen to the ringtone before downloading using the web page’s built-in MP3 player. To do so, click on the play button
- The downloaded ringtone will appear on the phone’s file manager app under ‘Download’ folder
The tools to download ringtone are completely free to use; however, you’ll have to bear ads. Additionally, the MP3 Ringtones Download library of songs may not be as vast as YouTube.
How to download ringtone on iPhone
iPhones don’t allow you to set ringtones downloaded from third-party apps. Users will have to purchase the tunes from the Tone Store.
- To download iPhone ringtone, fire up iTunes Store
- From the bottom menu, select ‘Tones’. It’ll be next to Search and More options
- Search for the song/ music, you wish to download and set as iPhone ringtone
- You can listen to 29 seconds preview of the ringtone before downloading it
- If you like it, make the payment and you are good to go
Ringtone download FAQs
How to change ringtone on Android mobile phones
The steps to set ringtone on Android mobile phone varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. However, we will tell you the common approach that should work on most phones running the latest Android OS:
- Go to the phone’s Settings
- Tap the search icon and type in ‘Ringtone’
- Select ‘Ringtone’ from the result
- The pre-loaded ringtones will appear on your screen
- You select one from them or look for the ‘Plus’ icon to set the downloaded ringtone on your device
How to set ringtone on iPhone
iPhone ringtone can be changed using the steps stated below:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Choose Sounds & Haptics –> Ringtone under Sounds and Vibration Patterns. Alternatively, you can use the settings menu search tool to set ringtone on iPhone.
- A list of ringtones pre-loaded on iPhone will appear on the screen.
- Tap on the one that you like and the iPhone ringtone will be changed.
- Choose ‘Tone Store’ to set the downloaded on your iPhone.