Ringtone download on mobile phones is not easy, people who have tried it would know. Due to copyright issues, there are limited channels for downloading ringtones, and even the ones that are available are either not safe or crammed with ads. We are here to tell you how to download ringtones online on Android mobile phones for free, with as few clicks as possible. It’s worth mentioning that much like any other download tool for YouTube videos, Instagram, and Facebook, among others, this is also not official. If caught using the downloaded ringtone for commercial purposes, without due credit, you may even get in trouble. Now that we have clarified this crucial point, let’s look at what is a mobile ringtone and how can you download the best ringtones online.
What is a mobile ringtone?
Before we get down to the ringtone download process, you should know that a mobile ringtone (or ring tone) is basically a short audio file that plays when your phone receives incoming calls or messages. It’s not to be confused with caller tune, which is the sound that a caller hears when they call you.
Ringtones have undergone a major change over the last decade. In the smartphone era, it can refer to any customisable sound, including short music clips of songs, melodies, or jingles. Phones come pre-loaded with a set of ringtone music options that you can choose in Settings menu. Additionally, most phones also allow you to choose your favourite music/ song as a ringtone. But how do you do that? Read on to find out:
How to download ringtone on Android mobile phone for free
In order to set your favourite ringtone on Android mobile phone for free, you will have to download it. There are plenty of options out there, but the ones we are recommending here include YouTube to MP3 converter and MP3 ringtones download portal.
- YouTube to MP3
- MP3 Ringtones Download
1. YouTube to MP3 converter
It’s the best ringtone download tool. You can use any YouTube to MP3 converters to download a song on your device and set it as a ringtone. YT1s is among the most popular YouTube to MP3 converters out there to download MP3 songs or ringtones, owing to its intuitive UI. Here’s how to use it to download any top 100 ringtones online for free.
- Go to YouTube and look for the song that you wish to download as your ringtone
- Copy the URL of the song
- Now, fire up any web browser that supports downloading
- Visit the YT1s website
- Paste the link on the YT1s video URL box and select ‘Convert it!’
- Hit the green download button to save the MP3 song offline
- Check the phone’s ‘Downloads’ folder to see the MP3 file
The good thing is that you can perform these steps on both PC and smartphone
Some other YouTube to MP3 converters that you can use to download ringtone
2. MP3 Ringtones Download
You can also download ringtone via the MP3 Ringtones Download portal. Unlike YouTube to MP3 converters, you don’t have to convert any videos. Simply search for the video and click on the download option to save the ringtone on your mobile phone.
- Visit https://mp3ringtonesdownload.net/ from any browser that supports downloading
- Search for the song that you would like to set as ringtone
- Open the file from the search result and click on the download portal
- You can also listen to the ringtone before downloading using the web page’s built-in MP3 player. To do so, click on the play button
- The downloaded ringtone will appear on the phone’s file manager app under ‘Download’ folder
It’s the most popular ringtone download app for Android mobile phone. You can continue to use the Zedge app for free or get the paid version, which doesn’t offer ads. To set ringtone on Android mobile phones using Zedge app:
- Download and install Zedge from Google Play Store
- Quickly setup the app by giving it the necessary permissions
- Click on the hamburger sign and select ‘Ringtones’ option
- Search for your favorite ringtone
- Select ringtones from the search result
- Open the file and click on the download button
- From the menu that pops-up, select the ‘Set Ringtone’ option
- That’s it! Your phone’s ring tone will be changed to your preferred song/ music
The tools to download ringtone are completely free to use; however, you’ll have to bear ads. Additionally, the MP3 Ringtones Download library of songs may not be as vast as YouTube.
How to download ringtone on iPhone
iPhones don’t allow you to set ringtones downloaded from third-party apps. Users will have to purchase the tunes from the Tone Store.
- To download iPhone ringtone, fire up iTunes Store
- From the bottom menu, select ‘Tones’. It’ll be next to Search and More options
- Search for the song/ music, you wish to download and set as iPhone ringtone
- You can listen to 29 seconds preview of the ringtone before downloading it
- If you like it, make the payment and you are good to go
Ringtone download FAQs
How to change ringtone on Android mobile phones to downloaded MP3 files
The steps to set ringtone on Android mobile phone varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. However, we will tell you the common approach that should work on most phones running the latest Android OS:
- Go to the phone’s Settings
- Tap the search icon and type in ‘Ringtone’
- Select ‘Ringtone’ from the result
- The pre-loaded ringtones will appear on your screen
- You select one from them or look for the ‘Plus’ icon to set the downloaded ringtone on your device
How to set ringtone on iPhone
iPhone ringtone can be changed using the steps stated below:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu
- Choose Sounds & Haptics –> Ringtone under Sounds and Vibration Patterns. Alternatively, you can use the settings menu search tool to set ringtone on iPhone
- A list of ringtones pre-loaded on iPhone will appear on the screen
- Tap on the one that you like and the iPhone ringtone will be changed
- Choose ‘Tone Store’ to set the downloaded on your iPhone