- Vivo V29 India launch date could be October 4th.
- It could be accompanied by Vivo V29 Pro in India with a 50MP Sony IMX766 sensor.
- Vivo V29 5G launched globally in the beginning of August.
The Vivo V29 series, comprising the Vivo V29 5G and Vivo V29 Pro 5G, is expected to launch in India on October 4th. Although not explicitly confirmed by the company, a teaser on the Vivo India microsite mentions the date.
Vivo V29 India launch date teased, microsite live
When you click on the Know More button on the “V29 Preheat” page on Vivo.com, you see the text, “Stay Tuned till We Meet on October 4”, which hints that could be the launch date of the Vivo V29 series.
Follow us on WhatsApp, Click to Join
The company has also revealed key Vivo V29 and V29 Pro features like design details, dimensions, colour choices, and camera capabilities on the microsite. Meanwhile, through leaks, rumours, and the fact that the V29 is already available globally, we kind of know what to expect. The Vivo V29e is already official from the lineup.
The phones are expected to be priced under Rs 40,000.
Vivo V29, V29 Pro: what we know so far
- Design: Vivo is teasing a 3D particle design on the body and this chassis could be 7.46mm in thickness and 186g in heft.
- Colours: Both Vivo phones will be coming in Himalayan Blue, Majestic Red, and Space Black variants, as seen on the microsite.
- Cameras: The portraits on the Vivo V29 Pro are backed by a Sony IMX663 sensor. This could be an ultrawide shooter with a 12-megapixel resolution. Meanwhile, the Vivo V29 Pro cameras could also include a primary 50MP Sony IMX766 sensor. You can take Night Portraits with Aura Light on the back of the phone. Vivo has also included the popular Wedding Style Portrait feature for a “dreamy bokeh effect”.
- The Vivo V29’s camera setup could be led by a 50MP ISOCELL GN5 sensor from Samsung. Its secondary camera could be an 8MP ultrawide snapper. Both phones could also include a 2MP depth sensor. The front camera on both could be a 50MP sensor.
- Display: The teaser tells the phones or at least the Pro model could have a curved display. From the global model, we know the Vivo V29 has a 6.78-inch AMOLED screen with a 120Hz refresh rate, 1.5K resolution, and HDR10+ playback support.
- Chipset: The Vivo V29 (global edition) has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G SoC inside.
- Software: It is likely that the Vivo V29 lineup ships with Android 13-based Funtouch OS.
- Battery: The vanilla model could have a 4,600mAh battery with 80W fast charging capability.
- Memory: Vivo V29 is available globally in 8GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB and 12GB + 256GB variants. We suppose the Pro variant could also come in the same configurations.