PAN Aadhaar linking is mandatory for applying Income Tax returns, opening a bank account electronically without providing any further documents, and to authenticate tax filings, among other things. If you haven’t done it yet, here’s a guide that’ll help you link PAN card with Aadhaar card. The process is pretty simple and straightforward. The Income Tax Department allows you to link PAN with Aadhaar via its official website for free. You can also pair PAN with Aadhaar with SMS or by visiting the nearest PAN service provider centre. The deadline to pair PAN card with Aadhaar card has been extended. Let’s take a look at the many ways you can link PAN card with Aadhaar card.
How to link PAN card with Aadhaar card online
To link PAN card with Aadhaar card online, you need to have all the documents by your side. Additionally, you must have your mobile number registered with Aadhaar in case an OTP is sent for verification.
- To begin need to head to Income Tax Department official website and click on ‘Link Aadhaar‘ under the Quick Links section.
- This will redirect you to a form, where you need to provide your PAN and Aadhaar card number, along with your name as per Aadhaar.
- Quickly fill in the details, tick “I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI” box, enter captcha code, and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ button at the bottom of the page. Visually challenged users can opt for OTP option instead of the image captcha to proceed.
- Once submitted, a confirmation message will be displayed on your screen. Notably, an Aadhaar OTP will be sent to a registered mobile number in case the details won’t match with your PAN card
How to check Aadhaar PAN card linking status online
- Go to Income Tax Department website and this time look for ‘To view status if you already submitted link Aadhaar status‘
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar card number
- Hit ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ button to check whether your PAN card has been linked to Aadhaar or not
How to link PAN with Aadhaar card via SMS
How to link PAN card with Aadhaar card offline
The process of linking PAN with Aadhaar card can also be done offline. For that, you’ll have to visit PAN service provider centre, NSDL or UTIITSL, fill ‘Annexure-I’ form and produce supporting documents i.e. copy of PAN card and Aadhaar card. It’s worth mentioning that an individual will be asked to pay a prescribed fee. The online process, on the other hand, is free of cost.
Aadhaar-PAN link FAQs
Aadhaar PAN link last date
The Income Tax department has extended PAN Aadhaar link deadline to March 31st for now. If your Aadhaar isn’t linked to PAN by then, you’ll not receive your ITR and other benefits associated with it.
Can I apply pan card without Aadhaar?
To apply for PAN online, Aadhaar is a must as the Income Tax department fetches data from the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to verify your identity details and complete the e-KYC process. You can apply for a PAN card without Aadhaar as well. For that, you’ll be required to send copies of your documents such as the Voter ID card, driving license, and passport, among others to the Income-tax department for verification.